Mark your calendars. Here’s your listing of SPSA events.
- November 22 – 23 Overnight Cruise. A leisurely cruise to a nearby anchorage. This was originally scheduled for October. What we didn’t plan for was bad weather. Contact coordinator Robert to get on the email distribution list. email@example.com
- December 3 Board Meeting. 6:30 at the sailing Center. All are welcome to attend. Along with other less important topics we will be discussing starting a Sonar Class racing series. Please consider attending to find out more about your sailing club and get involved. (PS: A little bit of food is involved.) Please drop our Commodore Robert Hopkins a note if you plan to attend. Commodore@SPSA.us
- December 7th Series Races 7 & 8. 11 AM Start. Post race gathering at Courigans. Please note the Christmas Party originally scheduled has been rebranded and pushed to January 1st.
- January 1st New Years Day Pursuit Race. 2 PM Start. Start the new decade right by getting out on the Bay. Don’t miss the next dot point.
- January 1st Post Race Party and White Elephant gift exchange. If racing at 2 PM is a bit early considering all your New Years Eve partying, take your pain killers and crawl out of bed in time for the White Elephant event at 4. It’s a hoot. Bring that gift someone else needs – wrapped. 4 PMish at the sailing Center (tentative). We are awaiting a open or closed Sailing Center decision. Watch for an update.
- January 18th Series Races 9 & 10. 11 AM start. Post race chili cook-off planned.
SPSA Notes of Interest:
- King of Bay Notice. The crew of Surge is tentatively holding on to the Flag by a mire technicality. No one has yet posted a 2019-20 calendar year time. Easy picking’s. http://spsa.us/spsa/wp/wp-content/uploads/kingofthebaynor.pdf
- Read about SPSA member Tony Barret’s “proper run and coke” and other sailing adventures at the Sailing World’s NOOD Championship event in the BVIs. What a blast that week must have been! https://www.sailingworld.com/caribbean-championship-champions
Let’s Go Sailing!