Here’s a few things to tantalize your sailing dreams while waiting for cooler and thunderstorm free weather to return.
- Bumbugo takes the King of the Bay Trophy for the month of July. Her corrected time of 1:12:34 was the uncontested winner. Bumbugo now holds 5 KoB monthly flags. You can’t win unless you run the course.
- We have all been invited to the 6th Anniversary celebration of Women Who Sail Tampa Bay. This is a coed event – all are welcome to attend on 3 to 6 PM Saturday August 13th on the grounds of Tampa Bay Watch at 3000 Pinellas Byway S, Tierra Verde, FL. Snacks provided and BYOB. Captains for Clean Water will be presenting their progress cleaning up Lake Okeechobee and dealing with red tide.
- If you haven’t yet renewed your SPSA membership, today is a good day to do so. Thanks to every one who has committed to another great year with SPSA.
- RSVPs are needed for our Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet on September 16th.
- We are still looking for members to handle 3 of our 9 officer positions for our 2022-23 season: Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore and Race Chair. Let me know if you are willing to help keep our sailing club going. TreinenRich@aol.com
Let’s Go Sailing!