It’s May and the wind is still blowing and the temperatures are fine. Take every moment you can to go sailing!
Let’s see what’s happening:
- KOB winner for April is Doug Jones and crew sailing DJ Sonar. They sailed the course a couple of times on April 14th. They changed direction on the second run – S-G1 – Lil J – S was the winning time.Congratulations Doug.
- This Tuesday May 2 at 6:00 – Location TBD – is our next Board of Directors meeting. The meeting is open to all members. Let me know if you plan to attend. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in serving on the SPSA Board of Directors for the upcoming season please let me know too.
- The SPSA Couples/Doublehanded Regatta will take place on Saturday May 13th. The race will be a pursuit start. Starting times will be announced before race day. This is always a fun event and the last official race of the SPSA 2022/2023 Season. Don’t miss it – sign up now.
- There are a few days left to enter the Bone Island Regatta Race to Key West May 17th to the 20th. The race starts in Sarasota. It’s sure to be fantastic, I mean, who doesn’t want to race to Key West! The deadline to sign up is May 6th.
- Another opportunity to do some long distance racing mixed with a slow cruise home is the May 26-27 iDIYC to Naples Race.
- Have you heard about the Summer Sailstice? It’s a world wide sailing event taking place the weekend of June 24th celebrating the Summer Solstice. We’d like to plan a sail/meet-up/party possibly in conjunction with other local clubs. If you have ideas or would like to participate on a planning committee, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
- One more Item – June will be renewal time for our PHRF certificates. I spent some time recently reading through the WestFloridaPHRF Class Rules and gained a better understanding of the certificate and ratings. Put it on your summer reading list.
Cast the lines and set off on a sail. See you out on the Bay.