- It has certainly been a great month for sailing with fantastic racing opportunities. The Helly Hansen/Sailing World Regatta was certainly the highlight so far. SPSA members made a great impact to the over 260 boat fleet. Congratulations to Tack Tick and Legacy for their wins.
- First up: January’s KOB winner is Obsession. Skipper Brian Conlin and crew picked the right day and time to run the course resulting in a #6 position in the top 10 best KOB times. Congratulations Brian! There are two more days to attempt to take the KOB flag for February. Wind’s up get out there.
- The SPSA Spring Series Races 11&12 brought high winds and a bumpy race course. Blue Chip and Cakewalk sailed to victory in their respective Divisions. Congratulations!
- March 4th. If Grand Prix racing is not your thing, SPYC’s Pennington Cup is where you should be. This is a Gulf Race out of SPYC Pass-a-Grille location. There is still time to enter.
- The SPSA Board of Directors meeting will be held on Tuesday March 7th at 6:00PM at the Sailing Center. All members are welcome to attend. If you plan on coming to the meeting, please send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks.
- SPYC Twilight Racing Series begins Friday March 17th. The Twilight Racing series runs from the beginning of Daylight Savings Time through to the end of August. Don’t miss out sign up now. Friday night fun!!!
- SPSA Series Race 13 & 14 is on Saturday March 18th, 1100 start time. SPYC will be the Race Committee. This is our St. Patrick’s Day Race and the post race will celebrate this Irish Holiday. Stay tuned for details.
See you all out there.