Here’s your SPSA list of events for September and other news.
- Tuesday September 7th at 6 PM the SPSA Board will meet at the yacht club marina. This will be our first in person meeting since lasts years Annual Meeting. As always the membership is welcome to sit in. You’ll find us at the table just outside the harbor master’s office.
- Saturday Sept 11th is the 12th running of the Classic Regatta. The racing begins off the St Petersburg Pier at 1 PM. This is a staggered start event followed by a awards diner and auction at the Yacht Club. This is a fund raising event benefitting Neigborly’s Meals on Wheels program in Pinellas County. The weather forecast looks good. If you haven’t registered yet here’s the link. You better hurry. https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eid=14546
- Our Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner is scheduled for Sept 17th at the Yacht Club.
- The SPSA Series kicks off on Sept 25th with Races 1 and 2. Watch the SPSA Regatta page for the registration portal to be posted. I’ll send an announcement when it’s ready.
- King of the Bay News: Bumbugo ran the best time in August, posting an elapsed time of 1:05:49 with a handicap corrected time of 54:20. While this is not a top ten all time performance, it just might be a blazing time for August. Below is a shot of Penny Simone driving her Ericson 32 Bumbugo around the marks.
LETS GO Sailing!