The sun is out. The temperatures are rising. I’m venturing out beyond the space heater and have shed a layer or two of fleece and wool. I’ve missed a few days of getting out for a sail and I’m really looking forward to our upcoming events.
- January 1, 2023 – New Year’s Day Fun Pursuit Race. Nothing better than starting the new year than a race on the bay followed by a PotLuck Dinner and the now famous (notorious) White Elephant Gift Exchange. Race Start time is 14:00. This is a pursuit race – start times will be posted no later than noon on Saturday 12/31. The Potluck will be held at the Sailing Center following the race. SPSA will be providing ham, Iced tea and water, please bring a dish to share and your favorite post race drinks. And don’t forget to bring a wrapped gift for the White Elephant Gift Exchange. Please RSVP to email@example.com. Expect to have a riotous good time!
- Tuesday, January 3 is our next SPSA Board of Directors Meetingt to be held at 6:00pm at the Sailing Center.. As always all members are welcomed to attend. Please let me know if you plan to be there – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday January 21, 2023 is the SPSA Spring Season Kick-off Race followed by the ever competitive and delicious Chili Cook Off at the Sailing Center. Start time is 10:00. Race Committee boat will be announced soon. If you haven’t already, please register for this series on our SPSA Website
- The Off the Wall Regatta, a race geared toward new and novice racers, will be held on Sunday January 29th. Open to all keel boats 30′ or less and new this year we will add a class of keel boats over 30′. SPSA and non-SPSA members are invited. Additional details to be announced soon.
- February will be an exciting month for racing in Tampa Bay. See the Master Racing Calendar for the West Coast of Florida for details. A link to this calendar is available on the SPSA website.
- Lastly – KOB – There are a few more days left to take the flag for King of the Bay for December. Last month we had seven KOB runs reported. Let’s try to beat that this month.
See you out on the Bay.
Happy New Year!