Here’s the latest update on the Commodore’s Cup and other breaking SPSA News.
- Please register if you intend to participate in the Commodore Cup – Nov 20th 11 AM 1st Start. If it turns out your in-laws are not coming to visit and it’s a really nice day to sail please know you are still welcome to race even if you have not registered. Getting some free pizza and caesar salad is a different story. See a following dot point.
- This race will be a pursuit start. If you read the NOR & SIs you can skip to the next dot. The course and all start times will be posted no later than 10 PM on Thursday Nov 18th. We will have start times posted for all SPSA Membership boats with a rating.
- The deadline to declare a cruising chute in the cruising class is Friday Nov 19th at 5 PM. TreinenRich@aol.com
- The deadline to RSVP for the post race pizza and caesar salad for members and their guests is NOON on Friday Nov 19th. SPSA Members eat free, guests dine for $5. If you do not RSVP you might find yourself fighting for leftovers. TreinenRich@aol.com
- Everything else under the tree is BYO. You can expect our under the tree event to start at 3, maybe 4. Pray for good wind.
- Need crew to get your boat out on the water? Membership.Chair@spsa.us
Commodore’s-cup-Nov-20-2021 Start Times (Download pdf)
Other SPSA Good News
- King of the Bay Report: 7 Nov 2021 Cayennita III elapsed time 1:28:05 with a corrected 1:12:43
- Series Race Date Change: The St Petersburg Grand Prix was moved into conflict with our scheduled Feb 26th Series Race. The new date is now January 29th.
- Our Cayennita III’s skipper Tony Sanpere was one of three local veterans honored on Veteran’s Day by Mayor Rick Kriseman. Tony served in the US Army from 1960 to 1968 in Germany and Vietnam. Tony was awarded multiple Purple Hearts, 2 Bronze Stars, and other service awards.