Here’s your update for Saturday’s Races, our post race October Fest, and general SPSA stuff.
When serving as race committee here’s when I would cancel a race before leaving the dock. That would be very reliable prediction of way too much wind or extremely bad weather. The rest of the time it would be a last minute decision. I’ve experienced too many instances when the weather prediction was just outside of acceptable racing conditions only to have a nice race day result instead. Last Saturday was one of those days. The forecast was for nothing winds. We ended up with a very light but steady wind for the 1st race and a building wind in race 2. The races were close. In the end it’s always the skipper’s decision to take his boat and crew out on the water. More race committee business in one of the dot points below.
- Series Race 3 and 4 winners were: Spinnaker Class Warrior and Warrior; Cruising Class Legacy and Legacy. The complete results have been posted on the SPSA web page. At our post race get together the best of day winners were awarded a cold selection of bottled German biers with a stack of sharing cups. Since Warrior elected to stay out for a bit more sailing, we put the sharing cups to good use. Thanks Warrior! Also thanks to Chris Dolen who was our principle Race Officer and Last Tango (Dan Dawson) for committee boat.
- Our under the tree post race featured grilled brats and a variety of side dishes. It was our October Fest post race party. We had 46 enthusiastic attendees. Thanks to Noreen Dawson for organizing this event and Richard Boler for bringing his grill and cooking up the brats. A special thanks to all who brought side dishes. It was a great way to close out a good day on the bay.
- Other happenings under the tree. Cayennita III was awarded the King of the Bay flag for September 2021. Her second run on the 3rd of September, corrected time of 46:38 clocks in as the best of September and also ranks as the 4th fastest of all time. Watch for a KoB update on the SPSA web page.
- If you’d like to add a second email address to receive these email blasts, send me a note TreinenRich@aol.com
- Please welcome Suzanne Hooper as our newest member of the board. Jean Charles-Marks needed to step down as club Secretary due to other responsibilities she has with the Sierra Club and an art class she teaches on Saturday mornings. Suzanne has volunteered to take over for Jean. Thank you Jean for your service to SPSA!
- Now for that race committee business. As mentioned at the last post race we had 6 dates which need coverage for the remaining series races. Gimmi Shelter has volunteered for December 4th and Hula Girl II has volunteered for March 19th. We need 4 more. Please step up. If you need help we have experienced sailors that will help you run the race. We need volunteers for the 4 following open dates. TreinenRich@aol.com
December 4th – Gimmi Shelter
February 26th – will be rescheduled because of Grand Prix weekend
March 19th – Hula Girl II
Lets Go Sailing!