Wasn’t the weather absolutely beautiful all February. I hope you were out on the bay as many times as possible. A few of the SPSA members were, the stories can be found below. A few boats took this time for a bottom job tune up. You’ll t get good look at their transoms for the next month or so. For those that missed out, there will be many more great days in the months ahead. Get out on the bay! Here’s a listing of our upcoming events followed by the news.
- Spring Season Races 5 & 6. Saturday March 19th 11 AM start. Hula Girl II will be our race committee, Catalina 36. After party to follow.
- St Patrick’s Day After Party. Saturday March 19th 3 PM maybe a little later. There will be a $5 charge for members. Drag your non-member crew along for $10 each. Pay at the door but you must RSVP. That’s right, you must RSVP. email@example.com See the flyer on our Facebook page and website for for details. Note the parking detail.
- Spring Seasons Races 7 & 8. Saturday April 2nd 11 AM Start. Amber Looe will be race committee. We are looking for an experienced race committee to train Amber Looe and her crew. Post Race at Courigans.
- Board Meeting Tuesday 5 April 2022 6 PM at the Yacht Club Marina. Last month it was a little chili which led to an efficient meeting. This meeting is open to all members. If you are a new member and do not know what any of us look like, here’s your chance. This is also a good opportunity to see how we run things and if you like it, you could become an officer at our Annual Meeting in September. We will have two open positions.
- Don’t forget about the SPYC Twilight Series. Beginning Match 18th with a 6:30 start and returns every Friday until the end of August. The registration cost is next to nothing – it works out to be close to 50 cents a race. https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=14941
- Full Moon Pursuit Race 16 April – details to be announced later.
- Couples Regatta & Awards Party 7 May – details to be announced later.
- SPSA Sailors shine in the NOODS: We had 15 entries with the following notable finishes. ORC A: 4th Warrior. North Sails Rally – Cruising: 1st Legacy, 3rd Cayennita III, 4th Amber Looe and 5th Surge.
- Check out our SPSA Members Group on Facebook. This is a members only page where we control who gets in. Search for SPSA Members Group and submit a request to join.
- Is one email address not enough for our members reading this email blast? Send me a note with your second email – maybe your spouse – and I will add to the distribution list. TreinenRich@aol.com
- February’s King of the Bay is Bumbugo. Her corrected time was 49:13 was just fast enough to knock Libèlula out of the top ten best runs. See the results on the SPSA web page.
Let’s Go Sailing!