- Here’s upcoming events to put on your calendar. These are all scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed. We will keep you posted if/as things change.
- SPSA Twilight Racing every Friday evening at 6:30 through the end of August. This has turned into a social distancing exercise but still an enjoyable evening out of our caves. Participating is easy, just show up. If you’d like to get scored you’ll need to register. Here’s the link SPYC Twilight Series Registration
- 5 August 6 PM That’s a Wednesday, not the usual Tuesday. The August SPSA board meeting, on Zoom. We will be making plans and alternate plans for our annual meeting plus other exciting stuff. If you’d like to listen in or maybe even volunteer for something send me a message and I’ll add you to the meeting invitation.
- 12 September SPSA / SPYC Classic Regatta Pursuit race with a 2 PM first start.
- Registration link: Classic Regatta Registration
- 18 September 5:30 PM SPSA Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner held in the yacht club.
- 26 September 11 AM Start SPSA Series Races 1 & 2. Registration Link: coming soon
- At our July Board Meeting we added a new position effective for the 2020-21 season. Our Marketing and Mass Communications Chair will manage our web site and Facebook page. This has been a growing and very useful endeavor to keep our members informed and bring new sailors into the club. This part of the our club operations has grown into a significant effort.
- Updated Slate of Officers for the 2020-21 Season. The nomination period closed on August 1st. Thanks to all to all these folks for stepping up to keep our club running.
- Commodore Rich Treinen
- Vice Commodore Penny Simone
- Rear Commodore Dan and Noreen Dawson
- Secretary Jean Charles-Marks
- Treasurer Richard Boler
- Race Committee Chairman Jenn Rhyner
- Rating Committee Chairman Charles Archer
- Membership Chairman Brian Conlin
- Marketing and Mass Communication Chairman Raul Calzada
- This is a long email blast, you deserve a short break. A few months after retirement, the manager stopped by his old office. After saying hello to the receptionist, he wandered into the bowels of his old domain. There he found an engineer hard at work. He said hello and began to chat a little but sensed he had interrupted important work. As he began to apologize the engineer held up his hand and grinned. He motioned his former boss to have a seat. Then he said, “Let’s shoot the shit for a while. Besides I just realized I no longer need to look busy when you wander back here.”
- Congratulations to the Winners of the 2019-20 SPSA Series; Michael Seidlecki and the crew of Tack Tick in the Spinnaker Class and Chris Chow and the crew of Freelance in the Cruising Class. Here’s a link to the results: SPSA 2019-20 Series Results
- If you haven’t seen our web site or Facebook page lately , they are worth a look. Here’s a link to our web page: http://spsa.us/ To find us on Facebook, search for the St Petersburg Sailing Association.
- Please welcome our new members: Kara Whitmore, David Ambler, Andy Cheney, Emily Duke, Kris Self, James Jinright, Carin Korros, and George Lewis.
- Thanks to everyone that renewed their memberships. If you haven’t yet, it’s not too late.
Let’s Go Sailing!
SPSA Vice Commodore