4 June 2021
The May 2021 King of the Bay winner is Libèlula. Her corrected time was 1:09:18 reflective of the light winds that dominate the bay weather this time of year. If you see a weather forecast without thunderstorms and a 15+ breeze on a weekday, it’s a good day to play hooky. Here’s the link to access the King of the Bay results. http://spsa.us/ at the SPSA home page click and hold RACING on the navy blue bar and slide down to King of the Bay – Results . Look for the date stamp 4 Jun 2021.
The Twilight Series continues to run every Friday evening with the 1st start at 6:30. We have 19 SPSA boats participating in this event. If you need crew to get your boat out on the bay send a message to Brian Membership.Chair@spsa.us
Here’s the scoop from our last board meeting and other bits of SPSA news.
- At our June 2nd Board Meeting
- A change in the bylaws was adopted. The Annual Meeting may now be held anytime in September. Before the change we were restricted to September 1st through 15th. With Labor Day and the move of the Classic Regatta to the following weekend, there was a stark shortage of available Fridays.
- This year’s Annual Meeting will be held in conjunction with the Twilight Series awards presentation. The plans are for a full meeting & awards dinner in the yacht club like we used to do. Put Friday September 17th on your calendar.
- We put the 2021-22 schedule on paper and agreed it was final unless we needed to make changes. Look for a posting on the SPSA web page.
- A bunch of other boring stuff that I will not repeat here. If that type of stuff interests you, please participate in the board meetings. Our next board meeting is scheduled for Wednesday July 7th.