4 July 2021
Even though it’s hot and humid we do have a few things to report.
- Our King of the Bay Flag winner for June 2021 is Libèlula. She ran the course 3 times on June 20th in great wind conditions. Two of her three corrected times also placed Libèlula in 5th and 8th top ten of all King of the Bay corrected times. Her other run was not quite good enough but did come in as the 11th best of all time. Here’s a link to the KoB results. Look for the 4 July 2021 version.
- The proposed Slate of Officers for our 2021-22 Season is: Commodore Rich Treinen, Vice Commodore Penny Simone, Rear Commodore(s) Dan and Noreen Dawson, Secretary Jean Charles-Marks, Treasurer Richard Boler, Race Committee Chairman Gerard Gaudry, Rating Committee Chairman Charles Archer, Membership Chairman Brian Conlin and Marketing and Mass Communications Chairman Raúl Calzada.
- The door is now open for additional nominees for any of the officer positions. If you are even remotely considering or even feeling guilty about not taking your turn as an SPSA officer, you might want to sit in on our next board meeting to see experience all the fun we have. If you are interested please send me an email by August 1st. TreinenRich@aol.com
- Our July Board Meeting will be held on July 7th at 6 PM. This is planned to be our last Zoom meeting unless things change. If you’d like to sit in, please send me an email message and I will get you the Zoom connection information.
- Please renew your SPSA Membership. Thanks to all those who have already done so.
- Please take a look at the link for our Classic Regatta scheduled for September 11th. We are looking for boats, sponsors, and a few people to help. Get your crew together and make a run at the Good Neighbor Award. https://neighborly.org/st-petersburg-classic-regatta/