Hello SPSA Sailors,
couple few whole bunch of brief announcements about the SPSA and coming events:
- SPSA Membership Renewal. Thanks to everyone who has already responded to our call for membership renewals. The response has been great. If you intend to renew log on to the SPSA web site or use this link. http://spsa.us/ You can mail your renewals too. SPSA, PO BOX 174, St Petersburg FL 33731 $49. If you will not be renewing, please drop me a note – it helps with the book work and cuts down on follow-up reminders. Thanks for your past support.
- Tuesday August 6th 7 PM SPSA Board Meeting at the Sailing Center . This is a working meeting for the events of the SPSA. All members are invited. This is a great way to meet the sailors running your sailing club and get involved. We need people to have fun and help out with the events. We would like to see you there.
- Friday September 6th at 5:30 PM. Our Annual Meeting will take place at the St Petersburg Yacht Club. Another announcement will provide additional details. Warning: 1) there will be a repeat of the popular trivia contest instituted last year. Prizes will be awarded. Bone up on all things nautical! 2) There might be another risky joke told.
- An amendment to our bylaws will be presented to the membership at the Annual Meeting. The amendment would elevate the Membership Chair to a voting level position on the board. Currently the Membership Chair is a board appointed position in the association. This position will be responsible for all association activities related to recruiting and retention of the members in the SPSA
- Members wishing to nominate themselves or another member in good standing for a position on the board for the 2019 – 20 SPSA year should contact Commodore Jody Abrams at Commodore@spsa.us. Any nomination received will be in addition to those put forth by the nomination committee listed in the following dot point. The positions up for voting are Commodore, Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore, Rating Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Race Committee Chair and Membership Chair. Voting on the Membership Chair is pending membership approval – see preceding dot point.
- The Nomination Committee has placed into nomination the following:
Commodore: Robert HopkinsVice Commodore: Rich TreinenRear Commodore: Dan DawsonRating Chairman: Charles ArcherTreasurer: Richard BolerSecretary: Raul CalzadaRace Committee Chair: Joe TothMembership Chair: Brian Conlin
- Saturday September 7th 1400. Race Day 1 of the SPSA series. This is a monthly racing event that runs through April of next year. You will find each race is followed by a get together at either the Sailing Center (that means food) or at Courigans for post race camaraderie and race day prizes. Get your crew together.
- Saturday September 14th. The 10th running of the Classic Regatta. This event has been run by the SPYC in conjunction with the St Petersburg Yacht Club. It’s a big party with lots of great boats. While we are still involved, the yacht club will be running this event in the foreseeable future. This is a great event for boats that are 20 years or older. The event is a dedicated fund raiser for the Meals on Wheels program of the Community Care Network. To sign up click the link. https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=9521
Lets Go Sailing!