5 Nov 2020
Here’s a quick update with respect to this Saturday’s Series Race – November 7th.
- The weather is looking pretty rough as of Thursday night. The wind is forecast to be 15 – 25, with higher gusts possible. The hourly forecast for 11 AM through 4 PM has 17 to 19 mph. We will put out an update Friday night.
- The post race gathering will be under the tree. BYO everything.
- There is a cruising event brewing for November 20-22 to the Manatee River. We would be joining other cruisers from Davis Island. Robert Kryger if you’re interested. firstname.lastname@example.org Here’s a link with a little bit of information. http://spsa.us/spsa/wp/wp-content/uploads/KOB_results.pdf
- If you venture to the SPSA Web page you will notice that we have made drastic improvements to the King of Bay results. You can actually see how well you have done versus everybody else’s trip around the bouys.
- On that same subject we are in the process of acquiring King of the Bay flags to be awarded to the monthly and annual winners. Currently we only have one big flag which the current annual leader keeps until someone posts a better corrected time. Surge is the current leader. You can read all about the King of the Bay on the NOR. http://spsa.us/racing/regattas/
- One important announcement. If you are the awardee of a liquid trophy but fail to receive it for any reason, you have until the next event to recover it from the SPSA locker. Contact any officer for help procuring your award. Once we give it away to somebody else, it’s gone.
Let’s Go Sailing!