Here’s the newest bits of information about your St Petersburg Sailing Association.
- Three Races in the bag. Fall Series Race Day #1 saw approaching foul weather leading to abandoning the second race. Race Day #2, in great wind, completed both races. Thanks to Charles Archer on Surge and Richard Boler on Desiderata (2X) and their crews for handling Race Committee.
- Oct 7th at 6 PM Board Meeting. This is a recurring meeting planned for the 1st Wednesday of every month. Sometimes it moves to another day. We are continuing this meeting as a Zoom event until all officers are comfortable resuming our in person meeting. If you would like to sit in please let me know and I will send the Zoom meeting information. This is a good chance to meet your officers and volunteer help run our events. Planning for the Commodore’s Cup and after party is this month’s big agenda item.
- Oct 17th Commodores Cup 11 AM first boat start. This will be a pursuit race over a measured distance. Your handicap is used to calculate your start time. 1st boat to cross the finish line wins. This event does not have a Race Committee, everybody gets to race. Your honesty will be on display for all to watch and discuss at the post race gathering. These races are alway a lot of fun. Watch for a posting of your start time. Please register so we can be certain to have both a handicap and start time for your boat. If you have trouble registering for the race, send me or any officer an email and we will get it fixed.
- Oct 17th Post Race Gathering. We are planning another under the tree event on Demen’s Landing for race awards and social distancing. Put your boat up and come over to the east end of Demen’s landing. Watch for details, we will post once we figure out what we are going to do.
- Need Crew or a Boat to Crew on? This is your chance to find crew or a skipper. We are pleased with the number of boats getting out on the bay under the current craziness Every day out on the bay is a great day. As the pandemic goes away, skippers will be looking to add crew. Let Brian Conlin know what you need. Membership.Chair@spsa.us
Let’s Go Sailing!