Can you believe October is almost to an end? Time flies for sure. Here’s the news and upcoming events for SPSA:
- In case you haven’t seen them here are the results of the October 15th Series Races 3 and 4.
1. In the Spinnaker Division the overall winners were
§ 1st Place – Tack Tick
§ 2nd Place – Warrior
§ 3rd Place – Cake Walk
2. In Cruising
§ 1st Place – Legacy
§ 2nd Place – Cayennita III
§ 3rd Place – Sonar Lewis
You can view more detail by going to the Regattas Tab on the
SPSA website , logging in and clicking on Results for the race you
are interested in.
- This past weekend SPSA Boats Swept the Cruising Class in Tampa Sailing Squadron’s Rumgatta. Grabbing the top 3 spots were Legacy (Dave Roberts), Cayennita III (Tony Sanpere) and Koinonia II (Garth Reynolds). In the Motherload class Fantasea skippered by SPSA member Robert Calvillocrossed the line first. Congratulations to all the winners and participants. It was a great race and fun post-race party. As always, TSS was a welcoming and gracious club. Can’t wait for their next race.
- King of the Bay – you have 4 days left to try to take the KOB Flag for October. Report your finish times to email@example.com. Go for it!
- The next SPSA Board Meeting is Tuesday November 1st at 6:00 PM. The meeting will take place at the Sailing Center. If you are planning to attend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Saturday November 5th is our next Fall Series Race. Race Committee for the day will be Cayennita III. Look for the little blue boat with red sail covers out on the bay somewhere near the pier. Race start time is 11:00 am. The post-race celebration and awards will take place at Courigan’s Irish Pub. See ya out there!
- SPSA Commodore’s Cup takes place on Saturday November 12th. This is a pursuit start race. The course and start times will be posted on the SPSA website and may be communicated by email no later than 6:00 PM on the Friday before the race. The first boat starts at 1100. If you haven’t signed up for this fun race yet, please do. The post-race event details will be announced soon. If you would like to help plan the post-race festivities or help please attend the November 1st Board meeting.
- To round out November there are two events on the weekend of November 19th.
1. The Dolphin Cruising Club of Tampa Bay is hosting their 5th Annual Fall Kickoff Cruise Nov. 19th-20th. Boats will gather off Emerson Point in Bradenton and dinghy into the park for a potluck dinner. Go to the Club’s website for details. This is always a fun event and a good introduction to cruising if you are new to it. The Dolphin cruisers are a very welcoming bunch.
2. Davis Island Yacht Club hosts the Egmont Key Race on the 19th. Go to https://diyc.org for details and a link to register. This is a West Florida Boat of the Year series race. A little trivia – the Egmont Key Race is the oldest running race on the west coast of Florida and dates back to 1935.
Wow! Looks like we have a lot of opportunities to be out doing what we love. See you out on the bay.