Free food for members anyway. Read more about it in dot point 2 below.
- This Saturday, October 16, Fall Season Races 3 and 4 get underway at 11 AM. Last Tango will be your race committee. Wind forecast is 10 to 15, mid 80s, 5% rain with a couple of clouds. Looks like a good day be be out on the bay. Look for us on VHF Channel 72.
- Post Race get together under the tree. 3:30 – 4 expected start time. We will be serving grilled brats with sides. If you’d like to help out with the sides by bringing one, please contact Noreen to coordinate email@example.com Members eat free, that would be member of record & significant other. Your non-SPSA member crew can also join us, we ask for $5 each to cover costs. We will have plates, plasticware and napkins. BYOB and lawn chairs. Those that RSVP get priority in the food line including paying crew, no guarantees for anybody else TreinenRich@aol.com
- We will award September’s King of the Bay Flag on Saturday under the tree.
- SPSA Racing Success Story 1. Papa’ Pilat Rumgatta at Tampa Sailing Squadron Oct 2nd: Legacy 1st in Cruising A (8 boats), Surge & Moonshine, 1st and 3rd in Cruising B (12 boats) Also participating – Koinonia II DC
- SPSA Racing Success Story 2. SPYC Ted Irwin Memorial Fall Bay Race Oct 8th: Cruiser A Surge 1st (3 boats), Cruiser B Cayennita III 1st, Spinnaker A Warrior 1st. Also participating Moonshine, Koinonia II DC, Kelly, Gimmi Shelter, and Tack Tick.
- Other Racing News. Scratch February 26th off your SPSA Racing Calendar. The St Petersburg Grand Prix has moved to that day. That’s not a good day for the bay if your boat is downtown. We will find another day for Series Races 11 & 12.
- Please thank our Membership Directory sponsors with your patronage: Gulf and Bay Divers, Sail Technologies, North Sails, Embree Marine, Yacht Power, Doug Weartherby, Gulf & Bay Marine, Marine Supply Warehouse, Masthead Sailing Gear, Doyle Sail Gulf Coast, Minuteman Press, Gulf and Bay Dredging and Dan Boater.
- Also thanks to members Robert Hopkins, Joe Toth and Jody Abrams for their support of our Membership Directory.
- If you are planning to renew please hurry. We are about to purge our email list to current memberships. Please remember you will always be welcome back to the St Petersburg Sailing Association.