Here’s the latest bit of information about Saturday’s Race and Grilled Brats
- Your start time and the course to be sailed is not in this message. The course and start times will be posted by 10 PM Thursday Oct 15th. There will be an email blast to all members and the times will be posted on the news page of the SPSA and placed in the Docs link for the Commodore’s Cup.
- The NOR and Sailing Instructions can be found by punching the Docs button for the Commodores Cup. You’ll find it on the SPSA web site Regattas page. Here’s a link. http://spsa.us/racing/regattas/
- Cruising spinnakers are approved for the cruising fleet for this race. A couple of our members had requested this option. We are giving it a try. A cruising spinnaker rating has been set for all boat that had indicated an interest in flying a cruising spinnaker. Those boats will find two start times, one for main and jib and a second one for cruising spinnaker. This class of spinnaker must not be flown from a bow sprit or a pole. It must be attached to the deck like a jib. If you intend to race with a cruising spinnaker you must declare your intentions by 10 AM on Thursday October 15th. If we do not have a cruising spinnaker rating on record for your boat, we will provide one ASAP with a corresponding starting time.
- Cell Phone Time Record your finish time, who finished ahead of you and who finished behind you. Report your information at the tree or email me. TreinenRich@aol.com
- The Best News. The concrete barriers of the Grand Prix will not block the entrance to Demen’s Landing until Wednesday. That’s what the Sailing Center is saying. I sure hope they are correct.
- The Free Food. We will be serving grilled brats with a little bag of potato chips. The logistics of providing potato salad and red cabbage got too complicated. Sorry about that. Get a plan together with your crew for your sides. If you are planning on eating a freshly grilled and delicious brat, racing or not, you had better let me know you are coming. So far I’m only cooking 25 brats. You’d better tell me real quick. Thanks to everyone that has already done so. TreinenRich@aol.com
- You’ll find us at the tree on the east end of Demen’s landing after the race. Approximately 3 PM.
- The forecast is looking really good. It’s going to be a great day on the bay. That’s what the SPSA is all about.
Let’s Go Sailing!