1 April 2021
Here’s a couple of reminders and other SPSA News.
- April 7th 6 PM Board Meeting Another Wednesday Zoom event, all SPSA members are invited to participate. Email me and I’ll send you the Zoom information. We are winding down our year with only two more events left on the calendar. The main task is to start planning for next year. Any one interested in helping out is encouraged to contact me. TreinenRich@aol.com
- April 17th Spring Series Race Day #4 This is the last of the 2020-21 Series Races. Tony Sanpere, Cayennita III, is our Race Committee. He has recruited Chuck Goes and his boat to help out. We’ve had great turnout so far with 21 boats registered and nearly 15 on the start line most days. Even if you haven’t participated yet, get a crew together and get in the last series race. Look for Chuck’s boat, Anything Goes out on the water.
- 9 May Couples Regatta 2 PM Start. We are pulling together the plans for this two person race which in years past has had a dinner served afterwards. Additional details will be posted once we figure out what we are going to do.
- March 2021 King of the Bay Results Warrior posted the best corrected time on March 20th. Warrior started and finished at G1 running clockwise. Her corrected time of 49:55 also stands as the 5th best of all time. Here’s a link to the current King of the Bay Standings. Here’s how to see the KoB Standings. From the SPSA Web Page http://spsa.us/ click Racing on the blue bar and select King of the Bay-Results
- SPYC’s Twilight Series is under way. We have 14 SPSA members participating and more to come. Yacht Club membership is not required. This is an every Friday evening race around the buoys runs through August (except April 2nd). The action kicks off at 6:30. Register with this link https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eid=14354 It costs next to nothing. Need crew? Brian can help you out Membership.Chair@spsa.us Looking for a boat to jump on, same guy. When you get out on the bay listen in on VHF 63 and look for Gloria on Coast Pilot, it’s a white cabin over a blue hull.
- Since this month’s report is short, here’s a joke. Usually my jokes are preceded by parents taking their young out of the room. Not this time. A 10 year old became annoyed at her parents because they spelled out words trying to keep her from understanding. “I know exactly what your are saying. Please stop it.” she said. Her mother smiled and replied “ Ok . . . a . . . y.” The next time you will need to remove the innocent.